Photos, infographics, memes, illustrations, and videos are just a few forms of visual content that are having a huge impact on the way people consume information. All of these visual assets will only continue to grow in importance over the next few years.
Just look at the statistics below:
- The average person gets distracted in eight seconds, though a mere 2.8 seconds is enough to distract some people
- 81 per cent of people only skim the content they read online. (Usability expert Jakob Nielsen has written that the average user reads at most 20 to 28 per cent of words during an average visit.)
- People form a first impression in a mere 50 milliseconds
- Posts that include images produce 650 per cent higher engagement than text-only posts
- People are 85 per cent more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video
- Posts with videos attract 3X more links than text-only posts
- Pinterest’s active user base has grown by 111 per cent
- Instagram’s active user base has grown by 64 per cent
- The number of videos appearing in Facebook’s news feed has increased 3.6X, Facebook reported
Still not sure what to do next? Our team at Best Web Design would love to help you. Our team of professional experts can help your business stay relevant in a very competitive market place by helping you create a sound digital marketing strategy.
We’ll create and implement a digital strategy that’s focused on helping your business grow and reach qualified leads to boost your conversion rate.
Contact us now to find out how our team can help you take your company’s digital marketing to the next level.
If you liked this article, please feel free to share this article and please tag us. We look forward to hearing from you.