According to the latest research done, it’s expected that some 4.78 billion people will be connected to phones as of 2020. The research also shows that 40% of shoppers consult at least one social or search channel as they shop and that 4 out of 5 shoppers use their smartphones as part of their regular consuming habits.
When you think about it, it all makes sense. It’s simply easier to use your mobile phone to look something up than it is to get out of your laptop. Whether you’re looking at reviews for a product that you’re interested in buying or checking the ratings of a restaurant that you want to visit, you’re using mobile for a lot of basic consumer needs.
With that in mind, here are a few ways you can ensure that your mobile marketing strategy stays on track:
- Optimize your website for both desktops and smartphones
- Use clickable phone numbers, addresses, and CTAs (calls to action)
- Make sure your contact details are connected to a map app
- Ensure a quickly loading website
- Always review ads for social media or other types of mobile-friendly platforms